Tuesday 29 October 2013

Home Facial for Oily/Teenage Skin



Hey Guys,

Ever since I have been a teenager I have went through horrible periods of having oily skin which would give me spots.  I have tried many products and when I was in my teenage years I had a massive ritual that I would carry out every night in hope this would help.  Of course it didn't and the amount of heavy products I used definitely didn't help.  Even though I love to try new products I am now more sensible in my selection as I fully understand my skin type and how to keep those blemishes at bay.

I would now give myself a home facial every Sunday night to keep my skin looking fresh throughout the week and these are the products I am using at the minute and my new ritual which actually works for me.



Firstly I start with the B. Pure Micellar Water £4.99 Here as I mentioned in my previous blog this is very similar to the Bioderma.  Very fresh and makes my skin feel nice and fresh.  It is so gentle on the skin and is perfect for removing eye makeup.  This is one of my favourite product and on an average night this would be the only product used for cleansing but when I'm giving myself a facial I like to give myself a little added cleanse and I then use the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean £8 Here.  I am a little obsessed with Soap and Glory products apart from them looking great in the bathroom they never fail to do exactly what they promise. This peaches and clean really cleans into the T zone and cuts out that oily feeling.

 
 
 The next step in the ritual is exfoliation is the most important step.  People who are cursed with having oily skin will be unable to shed off those dead skin cells as the oil acts just like a glue which can lead to a build up of acne bacteria and blocked pores which results in those blemishes we hate.  When looking for an exfoliator I want one that has lots of particals so I can feel it working on my skin.  One my absolute favourites is Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Exfoliator £28 Here.  This leaves my skin feeling smooth again and ready for the next step which is Soap and Glory No Clogs Allowed £11.50 Here.  As girls with oily or even combination skin will know there is always a need to keep those black heads away and this mask opens the pores to release bacteria and build up.  It also changes colour from white to  green while it is working which I love (little amuses the simple).  I have been looking for a great mask for a long time which has resulted in a box packed with products that are useless to me.

 
 
 
The last step is the moisturiser.  When I was younger I believed that people with oily skin shouldn't use moisturiser as their skin was always way too moisturised to the point of shining so much even before leaving the house.  I could not have been so wrong.  Staying moisturised is as important as cleansing as it the skin feels starved of moisture and actually produces more oil. My current favourite is Estee Lauder Day Wear £40 Here.  I put this all over my face and neck ever morning and evening and it is a great base for my makeup. 
 
 
These products work wonders for me and help keeping my face fresh and blemish free.  I now would rarely get a spot and feel I have come a long way since my teenage years.  Although I may have naturally grown out of this a little the skin care has most definitely had a positive affect.  If I let my skincare slip I notice a massive difference.   It is important not to give up! Finding the right products is not as easy as you might think.  It seems that many companies are telling you what works but in reality it's all about trail and error. 
 
 
Anyone out there with oily skin? And if so what products are you hooked on at the minute?
 
G xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment